What is this thing?

Page 1 of 2

[x-posted to a.h.r]
Anyone know what this part is?
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:24:24 -0800 (PST), Nicko

G. Morgan wrote:

The plastic wheel is the cooling fan for the draft inducer motor. Removing it won't let any CO into the home, it will only shorten the life of the draft inducer motor. If the motor dies, the furnace will cease to function.
TDD
Please do not put a carat at the front of a URL, makes the URL unclickable.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Get a better newsreader, Chris.
On 1/30/2010 7:24 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

Really.
We've been over this before many times. Outhouse Express just doesn't cut it.
That link was perfectly clickable in my newsreader (Mozilla Thunderbird), as I suspect it is in 99% of other newsreaders apart from OE.
Plus your messages still come though with everything below your replies (which are top-posted) as part of your sig, meaning they do not appear in the composition window when one replies to one of your messages.
I know you've made excuses for this in the past, but clearly you're the odd man out here, not the rest of us.
You might want to consider switching to something else.

- a Usenet "apology"
I rather think NOT.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

So now you're stooping to using sock puppets? Why?
Your posts are so easy to spot: top-posted text, your sig, then everything else (including any quoted text) below it, guaranteeing it won't be included in a reply. Badly formatted, in other words.

- a Usenet "apology"
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:07:14 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

There's your problem. Works fine in a real newsreader. And it's not a carat, it's a greater than sign... meaning the text was quoted.
On 10-01-30 8:07 AM, in article hk1hva$ri5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org,

Or you could try this thing called copy and paste
--
Craig Arnold
http://www.twitter.com/simplexalarms

What is it about God botherers that cause them to be so anal. Its not even a caret, let alone a carat.
Doug
Doug wrote:

With some mail programs/readers, it DOES make them survive line-wrap, however. That is how the custom got started.
-- aem sends....
On 1/30/2010 2:52 PM aemeijers spake thus:

The days when one had to "protect" a URL from being munged or mangled by a brain-damaged news or mail client are, for the most part, over. (Well, except for those like Stormin who choose to use OE.) That enclosing-the-URL-in-angle-brackets thing is pretty silly anymore.

- a Usenet "apology"

When I visit Jesus in Utah I will ask him. All offense intended to you scumbag, kiddie humping Mormons.
I'll let you know if I get answer to my prayer.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Will the answer be found in the obituaries? ;-)
Naah, I'll post it here.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It always is.

- a Usenet "apology"
I'll separate the URL, so it will be clickable.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Regards,