What is this thing?

[x-posted to a.h.r]

Any>But I know someone here will know how to answer this:

>What is this whirlygig thingie in my furnace? It spins around and >makes a whistling sound while the furnace is firing up, then shuts >itself off and sits idle until the next cycle. > >Apparently someone else in my building seemed to think it was useless, >and tore it off of their furnace because of the whistling sound, >because I saw an identical part that had been broken off a furnace and >tossed into the alley behind our building. > >
>Apparently this is part of an "inducer motor" and I fear for the >health of whomever tore this piece off of their furnace and threw it >away. >. >What is it inducing? The air current through the exhaust, or the air >current through the venturi? > >Also, is there any sort of schedule that is recommended or mandated >for inspection of flues? (I live in a rented apartment in Cicero, >IL). > >If someone could direct me to the correct NG I would be grateful.
Reply to
G. Morgan

The plastic wheel is the cooling fan for the draft inducer motor. Removing it won't let any CO into the home, it will only shorten the life of the draft inducer motor. If the motor dies, the furnace will cease to function.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Please do not put a carat at the front of a URL, makes the URL unclickable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll separate the URL, so it will be clickable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Get a better newsreader, Chris.

Reply to
Doug Miller

There's your problem. Works fine in a real newsreader. And it's not a carat, it's a greater than sign... meaning the text was quoted.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Or you could try this thing called copy and paste

Reply to
Craig Arnold

What is it about God botherers that cause them to be so anal. Its not even a caret, let alone a carat.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

With some mail programs/readers, it DOES make them survive line-wrap, however. That is how the custom got started.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

On 1/30/2010 7:24 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

Really.

We've been over this before many times. Outhouse Express just doesn't cut it.

That link was perfectly clickable in my newsreader (Mozilla Thunderbird), as I suspect it is in 99% of other newsreaders apart from OE.

Plus your messages still come though with everything below your replies (which are top-posted) as part of your sig, meaning they do not appear in the composition window when one replies to one of your messages.

I know you've made excuses for this in the past, but clearly you're the odd man out here, not the rest of us.

You might want to consider switching to something else.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 1/30/2010 2:52 PM aemeijers spake thus:

The days when one had to "protect" a URL from being munged or mangled by a brain-damaged news or mail client are, for the most part, over. (Well, except for those like Stormin who choose to use OE.) That enclosing-the-URL-in-angle-brackets thing is pretty silly anymore.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
Spellcheck Patrol

Reply to
Spellcheck Patrol

I'll let you know if I get answer to my prayer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What if he didn't want to make it clickable? Some believe in the Mormon faith. Others don't. It's the same with me and my fiath. Don't sweat it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On 1/31/2010 2:28 AM DanG spake thus:

So now you're stooping to using sock puppets? Why?

Your posts are so easy to spot: top-posted text, your sig, then everything else (including any quoted text) below it, guaranteeing it won't be included in a reply. Badly formatted, in other words.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I rather think NOT.

Reply to
DanG

Only one MoeMoe, they don't die... they multiply, or use lots of sock puppets.

That myterious part (that no one can agree to it's usefulness), may need Divine Explanation for we mere mortals.

As I understand it they always have one individual with a personal "hot-line" to Jesus.* The current "profit" MoeMoes are no different than Moose Lambs.

You'll have to tell me what a Moose Lamb is. Do they manufacture alarm panels?

*According to the LDS Church's Doctrine and Covenants, the President of the Church is the only man empowered to receive revelation for the entire church and to clarify doctrine.
G. Morgan

I assume that he meant Muslim, and you're showing your age, when was the last time a new Moose panel was sold?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to