What is this thin-wall plastic tube?

In my garage, from some past project, I found some thin-wall white (probably PVC) plastic tube. About the same diameter and a little less thickness as 1/2" copper pipe, but plastic.
It was way way way thinner wall than schedule 40 PVC pipe. So thin that it's somewhat transluscent.
What is this stuff called and what is it supposed to be used for?

Sounds like something that might be used in conjunction with a swimming pool or fish tank. I assume you're not in the habit of syphoning your gas out of the neighbors cars ;-)
On Nov 2, 3:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

Oh, no, I use flexible tubing to avoid visiting the gas station :-).
The pipe I'm asking about is not flexible.
It also has a strange pot-metal or maybe aluminum fitting attached at one end, looks like it is barbed to take another piece of tubing.
Some form of irrigation tubing? Can't be from my yard, no irrigation system there, I just wonder what it's called because I want some lightweight tubing for a different project of mine and this stuff would be ideal.

Uh, if you need some lightweight tubing for a project, why don't you use what you found in the garage? ;-)

Could be PEX, but the description sound too "lightweight".

-- Oren
Tim Shoppa wrote:

Uh, how about, oh I dunno... a picture? What with today's silicone chips and such...

Don Young
DA had written this in response to http://thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/What-is-this-thin-wall-plastic-tube-263350-.htm : Tim Shoppa wrote:

Electrical conduit of sorts? Hard to tell for sure. Are there any markings on it? In any case, if your new project does not involve liquids or pressure, why would you care?
\\//. -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 252041 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote:

Easy to tell that it's definitely not electrical conduit: "way way way thinner wall than schedule 40 PVC pipe".
--
Regards,
sounds like the stuff they used to hook up my RO filter
(DA) wrote:

Sounds sort of like some stuff I had to feed a flat 300 ohm TV line through a wall once. Flange on one end, fixed to tube. Drill hole to fit. Put movable flange on other end, retain with screw. Cut tube to length.

http://thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/What-is-this-thin-wall-plastic-tube-263350-.htm
Wonderful - another web site that takes a newsgroup and reposts it as if they were providing it.
Bob

Everybody else is guessing so what the heck.
From your past project or just appeared? Got central vac? Don't they run some kind of plastic pipe in new construction, suck some string through then pull wires? Really a WAG.
on 11/2/2007 6:42 PM Red Green said the following:

My central vac tubing is 1-3/4" grey plastic. The wires don't go through it. They are taped along the outside of the tube. You don't want anything in the tube to catch debris and get clogged. I installed the central vac myself, when the house was framed and plumbed, but not rocked yet.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

If it's 1 1/4' or 1 1/2" diameter it is Delrin drain pipe for lavatory or kitchen sink. Used in place of chrome plated brass usually. HTH
Joe

Oops, missed the OP part about 1/2" diameter. Still think it's a Delrin molding, though.
Joe