What is this switch for on the furnance

Above where my burner is (outside on the metal) there is a picture of a blower and an on/off switch.

Not sure whether it is supposed to be turned on or off.

Please advise. Thanks.

Reply to
noname

It may be to run the blower even if there is no heating, just to circulate the air in the dwelling. It may also turn off the entire furnace, like when you are changing the air filter.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Well it is on and has been and the blower isn't running.

Reply to
noname

My old furnace had a door switch. When you open the furnace door the furnace would not run. Talk about a stupid design. How the f**k was a person supposed to work on it, to insure it was burning properly, etc. I removed the wires and spliced them together, that eliminated that nonsense.

The furnace has since been replaced..... No such nonsense on the new one.

Reply to
Paintedcow

It is a service switch, shut it off when changing filters or working on the furnace, leave it in the on position for normal operation.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Does the thermostat have setting that turns the blower on regardless of the heat/ac engaging? Something like Fan: on, off , auto?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

You can take a picture of a switch but apparently can't read the model number. Why is that?

Reply to
Vic Smith

Google the make and model number of your furnace; you can generally read the manual online or download it for future reference.

I've seen a lot of furnaces in my time but never one with a switch like that. If you find out what it does, please let us know.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Or FTFSASWH.