What is this plywood called?

There is a plywood that is about 1/2" thick and has grooves in it, with a rough surface. It's sort of a paneling for exterior use as siding. What is the trade name for this product?

Reply to
homeowner

T1-11 is one.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

It was sold as "Texture 1-11" "Texture 111" and "T-111" when I worked in a lumber yard 30 yrs ago. It also had ship-lap edges on the long sides.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Also called "reverse board and batten", when I purchased a sheet from the Despot a number of years ago.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Others have already mentioned T1-11, but I figured I'd add this just in case what you are asking about is not really plywood.

About 1/2 inch thick, grooves and rough surface...could be an engineered product, one example of which is Smartside:

It comes in planks, panels and trim and is typically made of wood strands impregnated with anti-fungal and anti-insect additives.

Smartside is just one brand name, there are others. I have a shed sided and trimmed with the product. Just this morning I watched an episode of How's It Made where they showed the manufacturing process of the product.

Reply to
DerbyDad03