What is this growing in my yard?

Page 1 of 2
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
up here in wisconsin, we call that clover!
--

YES WE CAN!
http://tinyurl.com/28d5zt

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:12:52 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

It lookes like the greenest thing you have. I would keep it
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Looks like clover. A lot of people don't like it. Don't know why because it stays green and is low growing. The small flowers it has and they supply bees with nectar.
i'm with you, i LOVE clover!
--

YES WE CAN!
http://tinyurl.com/28d5zt

Jeff wrote:

Yep, and particularly, once N levels reach values grasses like, the clover will gradually fade on its own to regenerate more densely when N levels fall again...all in all, not much to be said against it imo.
White clover, anyway...some of the red or field clovers are pretty coarse for lawns--I didn't look at pic's but from what others have said I'd presume that's what OP has (white, that is)...
Us kids used to have fun looking for 4 leaf clover.
Us fat old adults still do.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
Given your location, it's probably a type of oxalis rather than clover, but the difference is largely academic and the two are similar in appearance -- except when flowering.. It's a tough plant to get rid of, but if you let it go it can take over --

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
I don't know what the weeds are, but I enjoyed looking at the beautiful women in your photo album,...........oh, and the cars are cool, too.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
Clover or lemon grass.
Lemon grass will form small yellow flowers, has a thin stems and grows 4 inches tall or more.
Clover stays lower to the ground with purple or white flowers.
Clover or a relative. If you don't like it weed it out now, while it is small. Or wait until next year, and hit it with an herbicide that stops germination of dicot (ie not grass) seeds, then weed out the survivors. Odds are, much of it is growing from seed.
    Una
Looks like clover to me. It's green, don't worry about it.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg

It looks like clover to me too. See:
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7490.html
I would also visit a "real" garden center (not Home Depot) and ask their advice on herbicides. They will know what's approved in your state and generally suitable for the local climate and soil conditions.
If you don't like that stuff, deal with it now. Clover will spread quite agressively and that will only make it harder to control.
It's clover. Set a bear trap on it and just wait for Lucky the leprechaun to show up. Then take his pot of gold and hire a gardener to re-sod your yard.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:45:24 -0500, Mark Witczak wrote:

You're confusing clover with shamrock, which only grows in Ireland.
As do leprechauns :-)
--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

In this area of the country it is called snow and ice, and we are sick to death of it.
--

Grandpa Chuck