What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Page 1 of 2
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/gore_hound/greenbag.jpg
Thanks, Shane
I've seen that kind of thing. There is a scent that attracts some kind of insect. The dead insects collect in the bag.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I thought it might be something like that. I wasn't sure if it was a mosquito collector or if it was for a certain kind of bug.
Thanks, Shane
on 7/10/2009 5:37 PM (ET) Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

Japanese Beetles.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Maybe mind you own business and you won't be minding his?

I thought about that too, but curiosity got the better of me.
Thanks, Shane
No damage done. Once in a while, I get to wondering about things. Lucky me, I'm a repairman, and I get to take stuff apart and see what makes it work.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

They're traps for Japanese beetles.
Bake a big ass plate of chocolate chip cookies. Go knock on the door, welcome to the neighborhood. And, by the way, what's that thing on the lawn that looks like a world war two bomb that got dropped from a green and yellow plane?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

gore wrote:

That is a Japanese beetle trap.
MikeB

AH HAH! That might be why I saw a Japanese beetle on the same window I took that picture from.Or, they saw some beetles on their windows and put the bag there.
Thanks, Shane
gore wrote:

miles around - I could see them coming across several neighbors' yards. Later read that they aren't effective unless used over a wide area, because they have such an attractant. Enjoy. :o)
Please go ask your neighbor where he bought it, and go buy a couple for your yard. Then, say "Sayonara, beetle".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
BQ340 wrote:

On 7/10/2009 3:27 PM Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. spake thus:

I was thinking a Japanese Beatle trap ...

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:27:21 -0700, David Nebenzahl

I was thinking it was the neighbor's beetle trap.
Well, d'uh, for lard butt American beetles, you got to use a 33 gal trash can to fit em in.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Did it ever cross your mind to walk over to your neighbor and ask him? A hell of a lot easier than asking a whole bunch of strangers on the Usenet.

Why would he do that? The photo was behind the screen.
The poster could be deathly afraid of his neighbor.