What is this electronic device

What is this electronic device? Not the pyramids in front, but the smaller thing in the middle, with the white line on one side. The white line is a piece of foam, sticky foam I think. It's almost an inch long, and a half inch wide and it has what looks like a small clear light bulb sticking up at one end. It has black 2-conductor wire connected at one end, and the wire has a plug on the end. You can see the plug too, just to the right of this thing.

I bought the whole thing, and the seller thinks its something but I don't think so, or if it is, there is no reason for it to be sold with the powermid, which has a sensor in the pyramid. So what is it?

Reply to
Micky

It is trash. He said it is bad.

Reply to
gfretwell

If it was working, you would put one piece inside a cabinet with your components and the other part outside where it can see your IR remotes. This allows you to run things you can't see. I have another brand in my entertainment center but it has multiple IR emitters, one for each component.

Reply to
gfretwell

It is the optional remote IR extender (not sensor). So the receiver does not need to be in front of the TV.

Retired

...typical micky idiocy.

Reply to
bob_villain

Why did you buy something that you don't even know what it is...other than it's NOT working?

Hope you are joking...

If not then maybe you will want to buy the Windows2000 server I have down in my basement. At least it works.

Reply to
philo