what is this called

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and at the end of the faucet there is a metal band or ring that screws on to the end of the spout that holds the screen- filter for the water coming out. What is this metal ring that screws on to the spout called? I guess if I don't have the name I can describe it like this but I prefer the name if any. I'll check the Moen web site later today to see if that helps. Thanks.

Escutcheon plate or ring.

Faucet aerator.

screen holder thingy.
Harry K
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

I began to read the replies and when I read yours, I laughed aloud. I like it !!!!!
On 7/26/2012 12:33 PM, Doug wrote:

Moen site shows parts and sells all of them.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:15:58 -0400, Frank

Right. Actually they send me the part for free (lifetime warrantee).

"I need one-a these."
On 7/26/2012 2:30 PM, Doug wrote:

I've only ordered one part and called it in and gal was able to identify it and take order. I had to pay for it, maybe $10. If I had looked around I could have got for $2 elsewhere. It was a lever with a ball on it that raises and lowers the sink drain plug. Not until later did I find part diagrams, e.g.:
http://www.azpartsmaster.com/moen-chateau-two-handle-kitchen-faucet-schematic.aspx

It pays to deliberately stroll around your local hardware stores and borgs aisle by aisle when you are not needing anything and see what they have so that when you do need something you at least have a rough idea of what is available and maybe save some $$$,

Ain't that the truth ....
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Plumbing part!
On Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:35:36 AM UTC-7, Doug wrote:

Buy this type of aerator:
http://images.suite101.com/1923754_com_cimg2276.jpg
Notice how the screen is stainless steel and slightly raised in the middle.
DO NOT buy this:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/100515_front200.jpg
this:
http://verdeshops.com/images/Products/N3107.jpg
or this:
http://www.savewaterus.com/Neoperl/15gpmPerlator.jpg
WHY NOT buy those other ones? THEY ARE all sold to do the job.
Buy this type of aerator:
http://images.suite101.com/1923754_com_cimg2276.jpg
Notice how the screen is stainless steel and slightly raised in the middle.
DO NOT buy this:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/100515_front200.jpg
this:
http://verdeshops.com/images/Products/N3107.jpg
or this:
http://www.savewaterus.com/Neoperl/15gpmPerlator.jpg
THE USUAL reply format, would be
DO NOT buy this, because...... <insert text>

Sure if you want to spend time or money every year cleaning or replacing it.

Just as an experiment, take a picture of it and try this: http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html

aerator.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Hehe-- That was a total FAIL here. I showed it a hot tub jet and it gave me pictures of dogs, people, cats-- So I showed it my pug nuzzling a baby robin. No dogs no birds. . . more people, some cats, goats and a sniper rifle in a foxhole.
Interesting idea-- but I wish google would try to fix the stuff they already broke instead of coming up with new stuff that doesn't work.
Jim

Thanks ALL for the replies. I think I got the idea from your help. Appreciate it !!!!!