what is this called

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and at the end of the faucet there is a metal band or ring that screws on to the end of the spout that holds the screen- filter for the water coming out. What is this metal ring that screws on to the spout called? I guess if I don't have the name I can describe it like this but I prefer the name if any. I'll check the Moen web site later today to see if that helps. Thanks.

Reply to
Doug

Escutcheon plate or ring.

Reply to
Gomba

Faucet aerator.

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

screen holder thingy.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Buy this type of aerator:

Notice how the screen is stainless steel and slightly raised in the middle.

DO NOT buy this:

this:

or this:

recyclebinned

WHY NOT buy those other ones? THEY ARE all sold to do the job.

.

Buy this type of aerator:

Notice how the screen is stainless steel and slightly raised in the middle.

DO NOT buy this:

this:

or this:

Stormin Mormon

Just as an experiment, take a picture of it and try this:

Metspitzer

I began to read the replies and when I read yours, I laughed aloud. I like it !!!!!

Reply to
Doug

Ain't that the truth ....

Reply to
Doug

Thanks ALL for the replies. I think I got the idea from your help. Appreciate it !!!!!

Reply to
Doug

Metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

aerator.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Hehe-- That was a total FAIL here. I showed it a hot tub jet and it gave me pictures of dogs, people, cats-- So I showed it my pug nuzzling a baby robin. No dogs no birds. . . more people, some cats, goats and a sniper rifle in a foxhole.

Interesting idea-- but I wish google would try to fix the stuff they already broke instead of coming up with new stuff that doesn't work.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Moen site shows parts and sells all of them.

Reply to
Frank

Right. Actually they send me the part for free (lifetime warrantee).

Reply to
Doug

THE USUAL reply format, would be

DO NOT buy this, because......

.

Sure if you want to spend time or money every year cleaning or replacing it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Plumbing part!

Reply to
fred.flintstone

"I need one-a these."

Reply to
krw

I've only ordered one part and called it in and gal was able to identify it and take order. I had to pay for it, maybe $10. If I had looked around I could have got for $2 elsewhere. It was a lever with a ball on it that raises and lowers the sink drain plug. Not until later did I find part diagrams, e.g.:

Frank

It pays to deliberately stroll around your local hardware stores and borgs aisle by aisle when you are not needing anything and see what they have so that when you do need something you at least have a rough idea of what is available and maybe save some $$$,

Reply to
hrhofmann