what is the safest way to climb a roof?

Page 2 of 2

I expect by now you have given up on the idea. Nothing to be ashamed of, I can't do it either.
Last year I needed to get up on the roof to fix a piece of trim; but I just couldn't do it, so I asked a friend. When he hammered on the trim some wasps came out and he went running across the roof, flailing his arms at the wasps. And there I was, standing on the ground, even afraid to stand up there. Well, maybe there is something to be ashamed of; it must be a lot safer than it looks.