What is the layout order of starting three tab shingles rows?

With the standard 3 foot three tab shingles what is the best order of courses to stager the joints? After the starter course I use a full three tab shingles. Then cut 6 inches off the end tab of the next course. At this point is where I am not sure what to do. Do I cut a full tab off for the number three course? And use a two full tab section. Then go to a cut down t 6 inch and a full tab for number 4 course. And then repeat? At course five to 8 and so on?

Take a look here.......... http://www.malarkey-rfg.com/PDFFiles/3tabShinglinstalinstrct0305.pdf
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2shingle
Do I cut a full tab off for the number three

over the edge..........when roof is complete then you can cut..........this leaves a nice straight edge if your roof isnt 100% square.