What is the formula for modulus of elasticity for 1/2 inch baltic birch plywood.

I an amateur rocketeer working on a experimental two stage rocket. Majority of the parts on the rocket is made from Baltic Birch Plywood. The fins are made from Baltic Birch Plywood; the upper stage fins are 3/8 inch thick and booster stage are 1/2 inch thick. I need to find the modulus of elasticity of the upper and booster stage fins. What is the formula for finding modulus of elasticity of Baltic Birch Plywood? Thank you from "We're Not Engineers"
On 08/11/2015 06:44 PM, &quot wrote:

Maybe ask the guy in the lumber isle wearing the vest that says "May I Help You"?
&quot;We're Not Engineers&quot; wrote on 8/11/2015 :

I have no idea, but I did find this:
http://www.g-lumber.com/pdf/APA_Plywood_Design_Specification.pdf
They seem to divide it into classes - see table three.
No formula is mentioned though, it seems they do actual measurements.
For long you live and high you fly
On 8/11/2015 9:44 PM, &quot wrote:

You should be able to google it up. One abstract said it is higher than fiber glass.
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 01:44:02 +0000, &quot;We're Not Engineers&quot;

You might try http://www.flyrockets.com/websites.asp by contacting the "WebMaster" at the bottom of the page.

I also passed your question to a friend who has been doing "model" (some 6' or 8' long) rockets for many years. Here's his reply
======= Here is a link that gives the modulus for several types of birch though not Baltic. These numbers are not very meaningful except for the comparison of different types of wood. If I couldn't find the value for Baltic I would use the value for Alaskan birch.
Ron
http://www.wood-database.com/?s ltic+birch+modulus+elastic
========
On 08/12/2015 11:35 AM, CRNG wrote:

And, of course, it being ply it's highly asymmetric depending on orientation and will also be dependent on the particular fabrication of just how many plies are in the specific manufacturer's lot. 3/8 (9 mm) by the Russian GOST spec contains 7, while 12 mm is 9 but I've seen cheap stuff imported from the other side of the globe purported to be "Baltic birch" at the BORG that isn't...it has solid hardwood plies but they've cut the number of plies down. That'll be quite a bit less stiff than "the right stuff" if happened to find some of that and presumed like most folks what it's called is good enough.

On 08/11/2015 8:44 PM, &quot wrote:

DAGS for "baltic birch mechanical properties"
<http://innomet.ttu.ee/daaam_publications/2012/siim.pdf Another location to search is the US Forest Products Laboratory site