What is the exact tap & die size for a USA garden hose thread (it's not NH)

Page 2 of 2
I know the answer because I have the die sitting on my desk. It's from J.A. M TAYLOR TOOL CO. LIMITED, http://www.taylortool.com , part # 40670, 3/4"-11 1/2 NH HSS Die 2" O/D @ $149.53 The definitive book is MACHINERY'S HANDBO OK. I have the 21st. Edition and on p. 1369 & 1370 it describes ANSI Standa rd Hose Coupling Screw Threads. Type NH is the full-form thread & type NHR is rolled. NHR is identical to NH, just a bit looser. Don't believe me. Fi nd your hose, get yourself a vernier caliper, a SAE thread gauge, & check f or yourself. Threads Per Inch will be between 11 and 12 (11.5) & External Thread Diameter will be between 1.0350 (NHR) and 1.0625 (NH). Steve.