What is the best way to keep a room cool?

I have a room off my garage which I use as a workroom. As I program sound tracks in it I did not put in a window to keep the noise down. I also repair computers and other stuff in it, and in summer it gets really hot. It is a long thin room 2,5 meters by 9 meters, with one door at the end. In desperation a year ago I took my jigsaw and cut a hole in the ceiling at the other end of the room to the door. Any suggestions on improving air flow, I don't want to put in an air comnditioner as I hate canned air, but summer drives me nuts! I was thinking of cutting a small hole in the wall which is an outside wall. Would this help, and how big would it have to be? Thanks Neil McMullen Please reply to Group as my email is fake.
snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.za wrote:

Small hole, little air flow. Big hole, more air flow, more noise, air may be as hot as it is inside.
Only real solution in most places, A/C
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

It will be difficult to increase air-flow without also increasing noise levels.
For ventilating, the size of the hole is only half the equation, the other half is how fast you move air through it. Of course, moving large amounts of air through a small hole makes noise, too. I think you'd be best off getting one of those Burnham Duo-Rad type hydronic coil things, and shut the fan off when you want it quiet..
Either that, or make a big-ass door/window opening, and insulated shutters to cover it.
A double glazed window is pretty good at sound insulation.