What is the Best Shop Vac

Mike:
M > I am in the market for a new shop vac type vacuum. Does anyone have any M > recommendations or advise?
If you're interested in one with the wet-dry option be sure to get one with a pump. The collection container gets really heavy with 15-20 gallons of water in it. And scooping it out with a bucket isn't much fun either!
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Polyphony: A fake Parrot
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Go BULLDOGS !
I've looked into this once and if I remember correctly I think I found that all shop vacs are made by two companies no matter what brand. As a painting contractor the two features that have become important to me are 1. That the vac vents to the side rather than to the floor where it will blow huge amounts of dust around, and 2. A handle on the top so the vac can be moved around with only one hand.

Ever since I blew out the pilot light on the water heater while vacuuming the cellar floor, I've thought of the advantages of a vac that exausts upwards instead of pararell to the floor. I could probably find a couple of pieces of PVC with an elbow joint to redirect the exaust. If you'll be vacuuming a lot of water, find a vac with a bulkhead fitting that'll let you drain the cannister without having to pick it up and tip it.
I have no opinion, but several others in different groups have recommended the Fein.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com