What is the best product?

Three years ago I had a builder rip out my small front steps, and rebuild it with TREX. The product is flaking and staining big time.

Has anyone heard about a product called Timbertek?

Would you use Timbertek, TREX (hoping you don't get another faulty batch) or go back to redwood?

Many thanks.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Three years ago I had a builder rip out my small front steps, and rebuild it with TREX. The product is flaking and staining big time.

Has anyone heard about a product called Timbertek?

Would you use Timbertek, TREX (hoping you don't get another faulty batch) or go back to redwood?

Many thanks.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
Kate

Look at your Trex warranty. If you got a bad batch just 3 yrs ago, they should replace it. If it's just small steps you don't need much. My Trex deck, which is 800sf, looks just like it did after the original fade, give or take a few stains that have nothing to do with the decking.

I think the climate your in may make a difference...Here in coastal Maine Trex molds and mildews like hell and looks like shit on most of the houses I've seen...Never seen "flaking" though....

Reply to
benick

I got a small settlement. Look up the flaking problem on the internet and you will see it is a huge problem. Where I live, it gets hot. We have had 98 - 103 temps for two weeks now, with no end in sight.

Reply to
Kate