What is sun angle on shortest day of the year?

I'm trying to figure out the length of a shadow from a 90 ft tall building on the shortest day of the year. Anyone have reference for the sun angle on the shortest day. Haven't googled it yet, thought someone here might know.
On 11/30/2012 2:34 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

won't it be different depending upon your latitude?
On 11/30/2012 2:43 PM, chaniarts wrote:

to wit: http://www.findmyshadow.com /

This should help: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-x-330-ft-open-reel-measuring-tape-36819.html

No. Everybody knows the earth is flat. Some contend that it's actually shaped like a potato chip, but that's just conjecture, as far as I'm concerned.
--
Tegger

A ruffles potato chip or a Pringles?
On 11/30/2012 08:39 PM, Tegger wrote:

The Earth is really shaped like a chicken. Space is distorted to hide this fact.
On 11/30/2012 4:43 PM, chaniarts wrote:

Back in the Boy Scouts we would measure the length of the shadow of a yard stick and do proportions.

I was going to do that around noon yesterrday, but the clouds moved in and ruined that idea. At a shadow of 190 feet, that's going to put a shadow from a proposed building across a large area of downtown Naperville's Riverwalk, which is what many of us are opposed to.
On 11/30/2012 4:34 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Not without knowing your latitude.
I remember from some where, the earth axis has a natural 28 degree tilt. So, sun angle would be lattitude plus or minus 28 degrees, also depending on which day of the year.
And, if you're in North or South hemisphere.
The answer is 42, but you might not have asked the right question. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
I'm trying to figure out the length of a shadow from a 90 ft tall building on the shortest day of the year. Anyone have reference for the sun angle on the shortest day. Haven't googled it yet, thought someone here might know.

Wrong. It's 23 1/2 degrees.

Wrong. The minimum angle of elevation on the shortest day of the year is the same at, say, 30 degrees north latitude as it is at 30 degrees south latitude. What's different is that the "shortest day of the year" isn't the same date in the two hemispheres.

That depends on what you mean by "shortest day of the year". If you mean least amount of sunlight, you are correct. If you mean shortest time from sunrise to sunrise, that would be July 4 when we're at aphelion.
On 11/30/2012 05:27 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

101010b, %101010, and, while I'm at it, $2A (2Ah).
BTW, I almost forgot &52, 52q, and '*'.

If that's all TOO simple, how about:
f R^5 + e R^4 + d R^3 + c R^2 + b R^1 + a R^0
where:
R=2
a=0 b=1 c=0 d=1 e=0 f=1

I went to a web site and got approximately 190 feet. I am at 41 north lattitude. The find my shadow web site was the source.

The angle of the sun changes all day that day where you live... -----
- gpsman
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:34:18 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind !