What is Stucco

Hello,
What is the difference between stucco and plaster?
I once had a house stuccoed. It was part brick and part frame.
I now want to do it again, and the house is all frame, but cannot see much info. on it. On the frame part of the first house, he put chicken wire (sort of) on it first, then did the stucco. I forget whether he put chicken wire on the brick also. This was done in the late 50's and the old farm house is still looking the same (no wear and tear on the stucco). This was done in Bedminster, Pa, on Elephant Rd, it has a slate roof, and sits close to the road, if you want to see it.

Harry wrote:

look at portland cement association web site. TB
Stucco is a exterior aplication. which contains cement and sand Plaster is usually an interior application . which contains lime and sand.
Being in the PA area (I grew up near Pittsburgh) I would look into a product called DRIVIT it is a modern version of Stucco that is used widely where you are because of its flexability properties. It is rather exspensive out here (CA) but I think it is just because it really is not used at the same rate as on the East Coast.