What Is M6 Nut?

Exercise device has "M6 Nuts" that need tightening. Is this a metric size? I need a really small open-ended wrench to access them due to tight quarters. What type of wrench should I ask for at Home Depot/Lowe's? Thanks, Marianne

I'd get a wrench like you see in the first picture here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrench
One end is open, and the other is closed. The closed end is sometimes handier for hard to reach bolts because it's less likely to slip off, or slip and ruin the head of the bolt. And, consider Sears also as a source. Got last Sunday's paper? See if there's a circular that shows tools. They run frequent sales on wrench sets. And, they sell individual ones as well. Last time I was at Home Despot, they only had sets.
Get a wrench with 10 millimeter jaws.
Jack wrote:

Yes, metric bolts and nuts run M2, M3, etc. The OD of the bolt is 6 mm, the ID of the nut is 6mm. An M6 nut takes a 10mm wrench IIRC. An open end is probably best to get into a tight space.

Get a man.
In wrote:

Are you volunteering? Do you have M6 nuts?
--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN snipped-for-privacy@iphouse.com

My ex-wife had some that were larger than any man could ever have, and they were made from solid brass.
Bob