What Is It?

My neighbor has a Florida room that has a metal strip about 10 in. high running around the bottom (screen enclosed porch) to keep dirt from washing in. I know these are also used around swimming pools with enclosures ...
What are they called? I think they are aluminum. Thanks.
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:54:07 -0700, Dottie wrote:

Just a guess!
Apron, kick panel, base panel, baseboard panel, bottom panel.
Or, The metal strip about 10 in. high running around the bottom to keep dirt from washing in thing.
Not sure there is a high tech name for it. Your discription worked for me though.

Take a look at Home Depot. they have stuff like this by the roll.
Charlie
Dottie wrote:

The technical name for the metal is "flashing" no matter what use it is put to.
Harry K

I took apart a washer once that was already old in ~1985. The tub was made of 2 separate metal baskets with about 1-1/4 inches space in between. Filled with cement. Go figure.
Oren wrote:
Subject: What is it?
You win this week's Most Useless Subject Line Award.
Oren,
My washer has a fluid filled "balance ring" which rides on top of the inner tub. I think it helps out the spin cycle. Though I've never opened one I think the fluid is salt water.
Dave M.
Oren,
My balance ring is plastic, so rust is not an issue. I'm assuming that salt water is cheap and can be adjusted to an appropriate density easily..
Dave M.