What Is It?

My neighbor has a Florida room that has a metal strip about 10 in. high running around the bottom (screen enclosed porch) to keep dirt from washing in. I know these are also used around swimming pools with enclosures ...

What are they called? I think they are aluminum. Thanks.

Reply to
Dottie

Just a guess!

Apron, kick panel, base panel, baseboard panel, bottom panel.

Or, The metal strip about 10 in. high running around the bottom to keep dirt from washing in thing.

Not sure there is a high tech name for it. Your discription worked for me though.

Reply to
RLM

Take a look at Home Depot. they have stuff like this by the roll.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

The technical name for the metal is "flashing" no matter what use it is put to.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I took apart a washer once that was already old in ~1985. The tub was made of 2 separate metal baskets with about 1-1/4 inches space in between. Filled with cement. Go figure.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Subject: What is it?

You win this week's Most Useless Subject Line Award.

Reply to
Bad Subject line

Oren,

My washer has a fluid filled "balance ring" which rides on top of the inner tub. I think it helps out the spin cycle. Though I've never opened one I think the fluid is salt water.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Oren,

My balance ring is plastic, so rust is not an issue. I'm assuming that salt water is cheap and can be adjusted to an appropriate density easily..

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel