what is best primer for bathroom?

I have a small bathroom that needs painting. It has no mildew or paint flaking problems. Would an oil based primer (Zinnser BIN, KILZ original) be best? Or a latex primer (KILZ premium)? I want the best, cost is not an issue. thanks

Reply to
williams12345

I am so waiting for someone to ask for a Primmer for the bathroom so I can recommend these wonderful books

Oil or Latex primer, it depends on what topcoat paint you want to use. The topcoat will determine the life of the job more than the primer unless the wall is in really bad shape then it might be 50/50.

Oil is generally considered more durable in a bathroom but latex also performs well if it is not too steamy too often and if water is not directly splashed on the walls. Semi Gloss will do better than flat or eggshell if you need to wipe up splatters and splashes.

Reply to
PipeDown

read the discussion at this link:

Ether Jones

williams12345

I think it's a joke. Primer/primmer for bathroom. Toilet training books. Get it?

Reply to
Kyle

Light sand, 100% acrylic primer, tinted towards the finish coat if need be followed by an eggshell finish such as Benjamin Moore Regal Aquavelvet.

Reply to
NickySantoro