What is a "Portable Storm Door"?

This might be slightly OT, but then again, maybe I'll learn something:

I received an email the other day that I assume was the type of spam where they are hoping for a response so that they can verify that the email address used is valid, thereby making it more valuable on the spamming market.

Here is the text, word for word:

Hello, Mr. David May here and I will like to know if you do have portable Storm Doors for sale. If you do, then get back to me with the unit cost, form of payment as well as your website so that I can make choices if possible. Looking forward to hear from you. With regards, David.

What the heck is a "portable storm door"? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The phisherfolk *are* getting a little more creative. I haven't gotten that one, but I've gotten a couple similar ones that made me hold back from firing an email back at them.

Portable would be good, though. One door could go back and forth from your helicopter to your submarine, depending on which one you were driving to work that day. Big savings.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Modern heating inspectors (eco-environmental engineers) carry around with them a plastic gadget that fits in your front doorway with connections to an air blower (in) and a measured exit port. When this is fitted you shut all other windows and exterior doors, and can then measure the air leakage of the whole house. This unit is portable, windproof, and adjustable to fit (air-tight) most types of door frame.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

True, but they are not called "portable storm doors".

They are typically called Blower Doors.

DerbyDad03

The last time I took the storm door off of my submarine, leaving just the screen door on, my wife took it to the store.

It took weeks for the carpet to dry out, even with all the windows open.

Reply to
DerbyDad03