What is a good industrial ceiling fan switch to replace a Rhine UC9020?

What is a good industrial ceiling fan switch to replace a Rhine UC9020? open original image

I have 2 60" industrial ceiling fans of unknown manufacture (Emerson, Hampton Bay, Hunter, ???) that have been working beautifully for about 2 years. They had

4 speed switches that stopped working at the highest speed and then at the 2nd highest speed. The switches are Rhine UC9020 and they suck. There are 2 capacitors on the back and these resistors (one of which has burned) on the front. I've seen others complain about this but have found nobody that can recommend a good replacement switch.

Are all 4 speed fan switches the same?

Same resistance/capacitance?

I am truly at a loss here.

Willowbend [IMG]

willowbend

If the manufacturer of the fan used a junk switch, what makes you think the rest of the fan components are any good?

Reply to
joe

rest of the fan components are any good?

joe, thank you for your insight and you may be correct. I don't know about the quality of the fan components, but I have had no complaints about the fans themselves. When the switch worked, they worked, were fairly quiet, and moved a lot of air (almost too much on the max setting). I'm not looking to replace the existing solution, I'm just looking for a better switch and maybe a little knowledge in the process. I'm not one to replace my car because a cheap ignition relay fails.

Reply to
willowbend