What is a good circular loop of metal for a science project atom?

Page 2 of 2
Tom Wilson wrote, on Mon, 10 Nov 2014 06:06:01 +0000:

Thanks for your advice so far on the nutty science project:
http://i57.tinypic.com/339k1ew.jpg
We have the nucleus of Silicon (14 protons, 14 neutrons, 14 electrons):
http://i57.tinypic.com/wjvoup.jpg
Somehow, we're going to suspend the nucleus amongst three circular loops of metal (of the type you suggested):
http://i57.tinypic.com/2qjjcxf.jpg
Not sure how we're going to do that, but, that's the next step.
The next task will be spacing out the three orbitals, in 3D, somehow:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 06:06:01 +0000, Tom Wilson wrote:

Reporting back, and thanks for your help.
Here's her project, where a single tomoto wire cage was turned into the standing and hanging (either way) model of the silicon atom.
http://i61.tinypic.com/29w626w.jpg
Protons are the walnuts. Neutrons are the chestnuts. And pumpkin seeds (much smaller than acorns) are electrons.
http://i62.tinypic.com/314s5yg.jpg
The first energy level (1s2 orbital) is further from the second energy level (2s2,2p6 orbitals) which itself is closest to the third energy level (3s2,3p4 orbitals).
The other kids' projects are shown here, where most didn't even try to create round loops which are 3D in shape.
http://i61.tinypic.com/1234ltl.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/30vhu76.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ptbg2d.jpg