What is a Campbell Hausfeld® Switch?

What does one use Campbell Hausfeld® Switch for? All I know is that it goes on a compressor.

Please enlighten me.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's a replacement pressure switch for starting and stopping the motor. I searched for the part # and found a bunch of them on Ebay.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It's a pressure switch (kit).

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

It's probably a combination of pressure switch (turns power to the compressor on and off) and also unloader (bleeds off the high pressure air between the compressor and the input check valve).

The unloader is important. A compressor does not like to start, when there is still pressure in the discharge line. The motor takes too much amps, and really is tough on the motor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

t?cm_vc=-10005

Agreed. If you pay close attention to a compressor operating you can hear the unloaded release the pressure from the line when the motor stops. You hear the short "Pssst". If the unloaded doesn't work the motor won't start .

Reply to
jamesgang

You are correct. However, since some people here like things to be excessively precise, the compressor does not like to start with a sealed compressor stage. Piston, sliding vane, or screw. :-)

Centrifugal types are a bit more forgiving if they have metal housings. Technically these are more of a blower, but I digress.

Reply to
Nightcrawler®