What I learned today

Unless youre going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy a pneumatic die grinder.
Strange !!!
The whole reason it is called a die grinder is that it is used to grind and shape tool steel in the hands of a tool and die maker as he makes a die for punch press work.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

I use them on cast iron with no problems.
Unless youre going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy a pneumatic die grinder.
Using a carbide burr in a die grinder you can work with very hard materials
Unless youre going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy a pneumatic die grinder.
No matter what the outcome, I consider a day that I learn SOMETHING to be a good day. And some days I learn NOT to do something.
Steve

Not my experience ...... btw how soft are "VERY soft materials"
do you mean aluminum soft, mild steel soft or ????
or softer than ????
cheers Bob
wrote Re Re: What I learned today:

Brinell Hardness Index < 500??

Molly Brown wrote:

Or maybe, don't buy the cheapest one around? What ARE you talking about?