What household item can I use to make a record loud noise into the phone?

Who would you send it to, their not going to give you an address. Most use

800 numbers that are only one way, you cannot dial them back, or they use fake numbers. I often get this number on my display 000 000 0000. They are calling through a Skype or internet connection from overseas. Changing your phone number won't help, as they are not dialing you specifically, their computer just keeps trying random or sequential numbers untill someone answers then it feeds it to a person who gives his spiel to you. >
Reply to
EXT

Using this set of tones at the beginning of your outgoing answering machine message will cause most predictive dialers used by telemarketers to hang up and mark your number as not in service - thereby taking you off their list.

Use the tone SIT-IC.WAV at

Abe

There is also this tone and message, which is very useful for the purpose

DCEDNIS1.MP3

Can be found at:

Abe

Normally telephone companies compress the signal so much that even a loud noise (referee's whistle, e.g.) comes out very softly on the other end. The answering machine usually screens our calls. On the rare occasions I pick up first, right after the salesperson says "how are you" and I say "fine," I just lay the receiver down and walk away for a minute or two. They give their spiel to the air. Paul

Reply to
Paul MR

Change your number for 30 days. The phone co. will do this for free.

Steve Barker LT

They will?

That will come as a surprise to most, if not all, telcos.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

freon air horn, used for "signalling boats"

works every time..... scrambles the brain of the telemarketer

Reply to
Mark

Except there are an essentially infinite number of others in the wings. Other than reporting the offending company to regulators, there's little can do other than simply just hang it up that will have any real effect.

--

Reply to
dpb

Brains??

Telemarketers have brains?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

moron

The only person it can deafen is you. A phone line has a signal to noise ratio of less than 30db. Talking a little loud or using the airhorn will sound the same at the other end.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Hi,

Looks like you have a repeat caller problem. The gooding thing to know is bad data is difficult to strip from a database. So this is what you do.

You need to make a new fake person. Mr. Doughnut, who lives at a new fake address. Pick a road in the same zip code (not your road), and make up a house number which no one has, say 1502 on a road where the house numbers only go up to 100 say. Now also make up a Social Security number with the right number of digits. Make sure that this new person is over 21 years old and has an income of say 30,000 USD.

But give them your real phone number.

They will add you as a new happy subsciber. And take your number off their call list :) ..... They will probablly check your SSN etc, and discover that it is not correct. They may phone you back. Just keep reafirming the details when they do.

They may keep calling, but hopefully less .... and just think of all the dollars they will spend trying to sort gthe mess out. And it is difficult to strip the data from their database ... because that data is very believable ..... you can even pretend to be a very desperate pewrson etc ... oh the fun and games.

Good luck ....

Warmest regards, Mike.

Reply to
hobbes

Thank you, it sure made me laugh! :)

Reply to
clot

For fun and games, I let them go through their whole spiel and then i just reply to any question with "what?".

Reply to
greg2468

Beans. Eat a full pound or more. Wait about 30 minutes and you will be armed and ready for a telemarketer. When they call, just let er rip !!!!

Reply to
mr.personality

"PFFFFT!!!! BEEP! BOOP! BEEP! We're sorry, but the call you are making contains no acceptable content. Please hang up and don't try again. This is a recording." :-)

Actually there's a few callers I'd like to give such a message to. Anyone know of an answering machine that uses caller ID to give a certain message to only selected callers?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd