What height is your flat screen TV?

Page 1 of 3
From everything I read on the internet it says to install a flat screen TV eye level when in the most comfortable posture. That means the vertical mid dle of the screen should be eye level when you’re sitting comfortably whe n in front of a couch. They say that if you install it higher than that you will strain your neck. I did exactly that and now I’m having an argument with my spouse who says it’s too low. What height is your flat screen TV and why?
On 12/15/2013 09:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

So raise it up, boy. How much longer do you want to remain married?
> What height is your flat screen TV and why?
The bottom of my flatscreen is at eye level...but that's where my war department wanted it. YMMV
Frasier Crane wrote:

Same a bit lower than eye level. I don't understand people watching one hung on the wall. Any how I don't watch TV that much. I'd rather listen to good music or read books.

A bit higher (1/3 above), but it depends on how you're sitting. If you're in a recliner, it should be a little higher than that.

Above a fireplace? Nuts.

Pure snobbery.
On 12/15/2013 10:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

There is a lot of crap on the networks, but there is also a lot of really good stuff on History, H2, Science, etc. I find a lot of it to be informative and broadening of the mind.
On 12/16/2013 10:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Since CNN has dumbed down and sexed up, my news-junkie time is now free. CNN has one or two decent journalists, and the best of their former staff are scattered in places like the Today show. All news programs now, unless I've missed one, have a blonde in a red dress on their morning program schedules. And Charlie Rose can't last forever, unfortunately ;o)
On Monday, December 16, 2013 9:35:47 AM UTC-8, NorMinn wrote:

I’ve been watching Al Jazeera for the past few months and haven’t caugh t them in any bias yet.

Give "Russia Today", the English version a try. ^_^
http://rt.com/
TDD

Well yes, your mind would find a lot of that trash informative and broadening.
On 12/16/2013 1:17 PM, JoeBro wrote:

So, you are not a snob, just an asshole. If some of the nature or history series on History are trash, you are well beyond snobbery.
On 12/16/2013 1:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

One of my favorite things to watch is a little program called "How It's Made." When I go to the porcelain waste disposal throne, I watch it on my 7" tablet. ^_^
TDD

There is a show called Mystery Detectives. I forget which channel it's on. They investigate unsolved murders. It's amazing how one little clue can catch a murderer after a bunch of years. The Sing Off is starting again tonight. That isn't bad to watch. There are usually a couple good lookin' women in the groups. NBC, I think.
On 12/15/2013 8:38 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I watch most movies and TV shows on one of my 23" computer monitors. We have a big 55" LCD TV but with my vision problems, it's easier for me to watch videos on my computer. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Maybe that's why you have vision problem? Some thing to think about. My left eye is toast caused by injury I suffered in the service. At 73, I don't have any glass prescription. I can still read music clipped on lyre. I 've been playing low brass since my high school days, belongs to local concert band euph. section. Busy time now playing here and there to cheer up holiday spirit.
On 12/16/2013 10:01 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I've been extremely nearsighted all my life and when I was about to start first grade, I was taken to the optometrist to get my eyes checked. When I got my eyeglasses, I looked around and said, "Wow, so that's where all that noise is coming from!" I recall something about me being -8 in one eye and -9 in the other. I got new eyeglasses this year and along with the eye exam, the two pair cost $1,100.00. One for siting in front of the computer and a pair of varifocal glasses for walking and driving in the real world. The retina of my right developed dead spots which is rough because my right eye was my best eye. I can't watch a 3D movie because of it so it's best for me to be up close to see a video. ^_^
TDD

Next year, they will all be free! After the four year waiting list, of course.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/16/2013 12:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We have another candidate for Zenni Optical.

Your spouse is right, even if she's wrong. Listen to her wants, fulfill them, and you'll be happy...for the most part.
The bottom of my flat screen is just below eye level when sitting in my recliner or on the couch. Looking straight ahead, I'm looking at the bottom third of the screen. There is no neck strain because we don't have to look up by lifting our heads. It's all done with the eyes.

Eye level for mine is about 1/3 down from the top. You should never have to look up to view.
Most recommendations are to have the middle about eye level.
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:07:58 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If a man talks and a woman is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?