What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 8 of 16
Colin Wilson wrote:

Uh, what does "the number of murders by gun crime" have to do with "letting the mentally ill own firearms"? Are you suggesting that committing murder is prima facie evidence that one is mentally ill? If not then what are you suggesting?
--John

A normal level-headed person doesn't commit murder unless they're sick - or perhaps to use an old phrase, criminally insane.
Being "mentally ill" can come about in a variety of ways, such as stress in work / being sacked (going postal), and maybe a little mentally disturbed, i.e. finding your wife in bed with the neighbour - having a gun available in these circumstances is likely to lead to a more permanent ending than, say, a good punch up.
Most gun crime against kids in the UK is not perpetrated by other kids (although the stats are getting worse) - whereas in the US it's pretty much endemic.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:51:04 +0100, Colin Wilson

Not true in the least.
Gunner

So you're "gunner" in name only then ?
--
geoff

Huh? My real world nickname is Gunner. Has been for over 30 yrs.
Btw..I do get a clean bill of health every 2 yrs. I have the card in my pocket as proof.
CCW permit.
And your proof is where again?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

The card in 'his' pocket lets him out of the asylum, but only to go to work. Even they don't wantr him running loose.
prove it.
raden wrote:

Certainly! If you were allowed to own guns, you might tuurn back into real men.
prove it.

What would you know
--
geoff

It doesnt take much skill to recognize castrati such as yourself.
Gunner
raden wrote:

A hell of a lot more than you ever will.
prove it.
raden wrote:

Only if you're a good shot.
prove it.

Ah, that's why they are allowed in Septicstan
--
geoff

Dead bad people for the most part.
You seem to think this is a bad thing?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

He doesn't think, he just parrots the anti Second Amendment cult.
prove it.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:20:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I wonder what his response will be if we bring up doctors, motor vehicles, food and power tools, not to mention ladders....brrrrrrrrr!
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

And distract him from the 24/7/365.25 Monty Python marathon on his TV? Do you think he'd even notice?
prove it.

We don't have a second amendment, you thick septic
--
geoff

Actully..you did have a Bill of Rights, which guarenteed weapons ownership, until you used it for bumwad
Now you are simply a serf, owned by the State.
Doesnt that collar around your neck bother you?
Gunner
on 9/11/2007 11:34 PM Gunner said the following:

Why is it that some believe that the US Constitution guarantees weapons ownership? Most of these people have never read the law, and those that have read it, completely ignore the first clause of the sentence. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". How many gun owners belong to a "well regulated militia"?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:
| Why is it that some believe that the US Constitution guarantees | weapons ownership?
Because it does (in the last fourteen words of what you've quoted below.)
| Most of these people have never read the law, and those that have | read it, completely ignore the first clause of the sentence. | "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free | state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be | infringed".
That first clause is the rationale for what follows. If you don't understand the motivation, a review of colonial history will contribute to your appreciation of the principles involved. You might find a review of the grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence illuminating. The authors of the Constitution ensured that citizens would be empowered to say "No!" to tyranny - both from outside and from within our borders.
If you want to rebut by pointing out that there is no tyranny, then I give you my very happiest smiley. :-)
| How many gun owners belong to a "well regulated militia"?
I, and a great many others here, have so belonged. I was a gun owner before, during, and after so belonging - not much different from millions of other Americans. Like those others I took an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and I intend to keep that oath. You might prefer that I do so with a pitchfork or club, but the authors of the Constitution preferred otherwise and gave their preference force of law.
My _preferred_ weapons are keyboard and ballot.
-- Morris Dovey Declaration of Independence: www.iedu.com/mrd/07041776.html Constitution: www.iedu.com/mrd/Constitution.html