What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 5 of 16
on 9/14/2007 6:52 PM clifto said the following:

I even had the lyric wrong. It's "Life could be a dream".
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEGEmUBJUI

You're welcome.
willshak wrote:

You are not supposed to that the 'arm saw' part literally.
prove it.
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:47:40 -0400, willshak wrote:

Would you trust one of these? http://www.sawstop.com /
Cheers! Rich
They have a blade with the stop jambed in it at the local Woodcraft store signed by an ukulele maker who got to keep all his fingers, so I'd say it works. I'd still be just as carefull as I would with any other table saw. Karl

Jings that's a shame. I'm as devastated as the day that I heard the local accordion factory had been saved from a fire.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
| They have a blade with the stop jambed in it at the local Woodcraft | store signed by an ukulele maker who got to keep all his fingers, so | I'd say it works. I'd still be just as carefull as I would with any | other table saw.
From _Systemantics_:
When a failsafe system fails, it fails by failing to fail /safe/.
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:58:06 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:58:06 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com top-posted:

According to "Ask This Old House", you also have to push your work with a weiner. ;-)
Cheers! Rich

That's a very good idea. . .uh. . .just tell me where you live and I'll take all those dangerous things away for you. No charge at all.

They're in a dark and dank basement where no civilized person has been for 20 years. Even the meter-reader asks me to go read the meter for him.
-- Ed Huntress

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no wristwatches and I have all my fingers left ;)

Yeah, I've got to stop wearing those necklaces and neckties when I'm running the lathe, too. And the charm bracelet...
-- Ed Huntress

Four beers for the carpenters .. as the germans say

And dead people are the result
--
geoff

raden wrote:

In the UK if we had the right to carry a gun and be immune to defending ourselves against a mugger with a knife, or a burglar in the house, then I am all for it.
Dave

Do you understand nurfink?
--
geoff

raden wrote:

I understant that you're aren't qualified to own a gun, in your nanny state.
prove it.

One of the more sensible laws we have
--
geoff

True. Here in the US we dont let the mentally ill own firearms either. Pity your nation is filled with such.
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Seems there is a significant scandal in the UK right now regarding ministers having cooked to books to under-report the number of, and escalating amount of gun crimes in that safe, gun-free country.
Free men own guns, slaves don't.
--
If you\'re going to be dumb, you better be tough

Perhaps you can enlighten us with the number of murders by gun crime both in the US and the UK then - just to prove you're right.
Remember to cite your sources.