What happens when something is good for the corporation but bad for the country?

Page 5 of 5
On 7/31/2013 7:12 AM, dgk wrote:

go stand in front of the mirror and think about what you said.
Corporations are not evil. They've always maximized profit. Selfishness...aka survival of the fittest...has been going on since the dawn of time. Today, it's easier for them to do that by exporting YOUR job.
If you and I would work for Chinese sweat-shop wages, we'd all have jobs.
If you and I would buy expensive stuff created by union wages, we'd all have jobs.
Problem is that we won't do EITHER of those things and we got what we got.
Globalization has removed our ability to have a higher standard of living. It's gonna get a lot worse...
Taxes are part of the issue, but more corporate taxes won't get you a job. They'll get you more wars and more pork-barrel projects for the influential.
Survival of the fittest...that's what drives the world. Always has... always will.
On 7/31/2013 9:56 PM, mike wrote:

Don't leave out egregious over regulation and federal agencies being used to promote a political agenda by descending upon any corporation that the executive branch branch wants eliminated by putting them out of business. I'm sure you've noticed what The Obama Administration is doing to coal fired power plants. Obama even stated during his first campaign that he wanted to put coal mines out of business. One by one, his administration is going to destroy industries for the good of the country. o_O
TDD

No, corporations are not evil, they are amoral. But when they were first created, the corporate charter that allowed their existance required operating for the public good and for a specific period of time for a specific purpose. Over time, and with the help of Delaware, those restrictions were removed. That's why so many corporations were charterd in Delaware.

FWIW, New Jersey was the first with Delaware following suit. In a rather instructive happenstance, NJ lost its lead as state where people incorporated when NJ increased taxes on corps driving them out.
On 8/1/2013 7:39 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

People vote with their feet, corporations vote with moving vans. ^_^
TDD
On 8/1/2013 8:39 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Delaware is the corporate state and has the best legal system in the country. So far, the Democrats have not messed it up.
http://taxfoundation.org/state-tax-climate/delaware
On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:56:40 PM UTC-7, mike wrote:

.

.

al.

We can compete with Chinese sweat-shop wages what we can’t compete with is: 1. China’s regulations on not letting US corporations compete on the same level playing field in China as we let Chinese corporations compete with US corporations here in the US. 2. China completely ignoring intellectual property rights. 3. Corporate, technology and economic espionage by China. 4. China subsidizing its companies so they can sell their goods here at a loss until their competing US counterparts are out of business.