What happens when something is good for the corporation but bad for the country?

Page 4 of 5

and since the majority of food isn't inspected, that's a positive in your world

What a disingenuous dig. How the R's would have howled if O's first action was to unilaterally end both wars, ditch all committments and treaties and bring everyone home. And they would have been right to howl, too.
It sends an *extremely* bad message to our enemies to cut and run when a new president takes over. Then they know all they have to do is to wait out a US presidential election to "win" a war. Are you saying *that's* what Obama *should* have done or are you just kicking up dirt hoping feeble-minded posters will chime "Yea, you tell 'em Kurt!"?
An incoming president is bound to the numerous commitments made by his predecessor. That's how it is, how it always has been and how it *should* be. To imply it's a fault isn't being realistic.
Obama's certainly got an exit strategy in place for AfRaq that seems to have eluded Bush for eight years. More importantly, he's avoided miring us in any number of civil wars and disputes across the globe.
R's seem to want the US to be the leader of the free world but they don't want to pay for that often very costly leadership. At least no one was asking "how are we going to pay for these expensive wars?" when they were appropriating trillions to support it.
--
Bobby G.

Not at all, he was elected with a promise to get out of both in 18 months. After that it was on his head. Besides, as you so brilliantly note, he did not end it at least partially because of the politics. I am merely noting the realities on the ground.

that after awhile (see above) it becomes HIS war and you can no longer play the Bush card. I respect him for seeing that the inside is different from the outside, but I also lose respect for not taking responsibility for his own decisions to keep it going. Thus, he certainly did not end it and my point is made.

Actually, cut and run is the only real exit strategy in Afghan and was from the minute we first went in. As it was for the Russians a generation before. And of course, we KNOW that Bush would have mired in other wars how? (Other than partisan rhetoric).

bipartisan majorities.
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:35:28 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

See Kurt's reply to all of your ramblings except one.
To your unanswered rambling "because we should allow more farm workers to die in the fields (mostly because who gives a shit about illegals)" my response would be:
If they weren't illegal they wouldn't be here to die in our fields. In other words, it's their own damn fault for being illegal.
On 7/31/2013 9:46 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

They are criminals as soon as they sneak across the border. I'm not Politically Correct at all, I call them "Criminal Invaders". I don't understand what the heck people don't grok about "ILLEGAL"? o_O
TDD

they aren't here to die in our fields, they are here to make sure you get cheap lettuce, tomatos and other veggies for your salads
In

if they are criminals, then the farmers who employ them are criminals for hiring them, guess we should just put the farmers out in the fields and see how well they do

Under the law, anyone who knowingly hires illegal aliens is a criminal. Of course, if a citizen violates some minor law such as overtime parking, the government will do more to the citizen who ignores a parking ticket, than it will do to the illegal alien who invades the country. o_O
TDD

nice segue, in fact the gov't will do more to a parking violator than it does to anyone who knowingly hires illegal aliens, but that's the benefit of fewer regulations, isn't it
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:04:37 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Well you are clearly not a patriot. You are certainly not defending us, either over seas or here!
I served my time in the East China Sea during Nam, what about you, Dick Wad?

My service, like my religion is private
but if you are on the border showing us how patriotic you are, have fun, especially when they shoot back
and that's Mr Dick Wad to you
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 11:21:02 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Translation: "I did everything necessary to not serve the country I despise."

it has been my experience that most of those who brag about how patriotic they were, were just REMF's
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 20:25:53 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

I believe "U.S. Patriot and Proud of It!" was merely stating a fact referencing his service. Who knows, I may have even seen him when I was stationed in the Philippines in the late 60's. Keep in mind that I'm not bragging.
So, that brings us back to your lack of service doesn't it? You pussy.

thank you for proving my point
On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 12:15:59 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

What part of "illegal" don't you understand? Them dying in our fields was an over dramatic description of some bleeding heart liberal, but for the sake of argument let's say it's accurate. They committed a crime and they paid the ultimate price. At least it didn't cost any tax payer dollars to solve the problem.

Have I ever said the farmers, or any employer of illegals, were blameless? If so, show me.

as it happens they all aren't illegals, but they still die. farmers employing "illegals" should be persecuted and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their traitorous activities

have I ever said you said that?
On 7/31/2013 10:12 AM, dgk wrote:

It's easy to blame it on the politicians but it's really the fault of consumers that buy the Chinese crap. And people will continue to buy cheap Chinese crap until they lose their jobs and their unemployment checks run out.
What the fuck, I don't care as long as I can buy the latest cheap Chinese Apple iToy.
The US business is over regulated, and passes the cost onto the retail price. The Chinese do what they please, and keep prices down. That's the consumer's fault.... how?
On 7/31/2013 5:43 PM, Big Al wrote:

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:43:30 PM UTC-7, Big Al wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/motorolas-moto-announced-today-made-america-phone/story?id 833261
dgk wrote:

Mass boycott? Bloody revolution?