What happens now to the election due to Hurricane Sandy?

Page 3 of 3
Wes Groleau wrote:

I wouldn't bet more than a dollar on the outcome let alone predicting a landslide.
Oren wrote:

And if the House is tied, Biden gets to vote to break the tie!
G. Morgan wrote:

Uh, no. Biden does not get to vote in the House.
Oren wrote:

And if the House is tied, Biden gets to vote to break the tie!
-- There you show how stupid you are again. Biden has no vote in the House... Christ you is a dumb fuck...

With biden, who knows? That senile old fart would probably walk in to the Supreme court and try to vote if someone wasn't ushering the senile old fart around.

I'd like to see a cite for that. I know he can in the Senate, but can't find anything that says he can in the House.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

My bad. It is the Senate.
On 10/30/2012 5:36 PM, Gunner wrote:

That seems to be the prevailing viewpoint.
--
Jenn

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:54:06 -0500, G. Morgan

Sandy is Virginia. People in New Hampshire are survivors, not whiners, they will vote. Ohio has had a lot worse problems and they got to the polls. I don't think the other 3 you mentioned are up for grabs.
The real problems are in solid blue states that would have never gone to Romney in the first place.
The effect? Romney has a whole lot better chance of winning the popular vote but I don't think it helps him in the electoral college at all.
OTOH if these states were as civilized as Florida the residents would have until midnight Wednesday to get a vote by mail ballot on the way to them. You can fax in the request.
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:54:06 -0500, G. Morgan

All of their votes will automatically be given to Mickey Mouse as a write-in. With any luck, he will win, since he's the best candidate at present.
Even if there were a clause in your constitution saying that elections could be postponed in the event of a natural disaster, that's not going to resolve the situation.
People would then be arguing over whether or not to invoke such a clause to delay the election, and whether or not doing that would affect the results of the election.
In my view, it's better to have the election on the scheduled day and let the chips fall where they may.
Truth be known, BOTH of your candidates would make for a good president. They have different slants on the Robin Hood politics of taking from the rich and giving to the poor, but beyond that, they're both experienced politicians, they're both intelligent and level headed people, they both have good advisors to choose from, and they'd both make good decisions.
--
nestork

On 10-31-2012 00:38, nestork wrote:

My opinion is you are wrong twice. Not that it matters much. Both are likely to give Congress whatever it wants.
--
Wes Groleau

What kind of smiley is C:\ ?

Maybe it will be postphoned?
On 10/30/2012 12:54 PM, G. Morgan wrote:

NJ is looking to use military vehicles as temporary polling stations:
http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_makes_new_accommodations_for_voters.html
...and extending the deadline for mail-in ballots:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/nj_to_extend_mail-in_ballot_de.html
--
"We all should vote 'forward' - just don't vote Barack-ward..."

MFB