What happens if tarp left wet?

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still slightly wet?
And then you store it for a couple years?
If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into alcohol?
If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now, but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

It will just get moldy and maybe smell bad. You have a better chance of it drying if you just loosely ball it up than to neatly folding it. Pick it up, shake it out and ball it up again tomorrow. In a couple of days it will be dry enough to fold and store. That is based on living here in the swamp. In drier places, it will not take that much.
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:23:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
Not many If you are in a HOA community they are "illegal" and I bet some "up tight" communities ban them too.

No... No. Not in this case. That's sort of implied by the question.

Isn't all polypropylene resistant to rot and mildew?