What happened with the guy who wanted to splice 100' of wire onto a GTO exit wand?

Hello -
Did we ever get a follow-up/resolution from the fellow who was trying to add wire to the exit wand for his driveway exit system? That was an entertaining thread.
Mike
Mike wrote the following:

Yes. He was able to splice another piece to the wire and it works..
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Mike wrote the following:

Disregard my last response to this message. I cancelled it, but it may still be on some servers. His last message was to splice it himself. Nothing further.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I was happy....now I'm sad. A real roller coaster this newsgroup ;->