What gutter gaurds have you tried?

Page 2 of 2

I don't know what "foam stuff" you're referring to.

I decided to give that stuff a try. I installed it on one section of gutter to see how it does over the winter. But unlike the picture shown on the product, I installed it *under* the shingles, so it isn't very noticable, and there isn't any humped up part for debris to pile up behind.

Your description basically makes it sound like Home Depot stuff, only installed differently and having colored tabs.

Wow, that website doesn't really provide me with any confidence that I'm dealing with professionals.
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:15:14 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

Well, that description describes it as something significantly *other* than HD stuff. They are far superior to the crap HD sells.

I didn't say they had a great website. They are not in the website business.They are not installers. They are in the gutter screen manufacturing business. The screens are made of quality materials, they are inexpensive, easy to install, and they guarantee the product for the life of your gutters. But, they have a crappy website.
JM
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:14:04 -0400, Jungle Man

The link you provided may also not actually BE their website. This link is far more informative:
http://www.gutterscreen.net /

That crummy site is the OP's site he set up to SPAM this group. Just did a trace and it's from Italy. Registrant Name: Anthony Mannara

If that's the same thing JungleMan was talkin about, I think I like the HD version better. The latter have a finer mesh, and the look exactly the same when flattened and installed under the shingles, which is what I did with mine.
But I do like that they also have them in copper.
On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:01:38 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

No, they are not even close to being the same. The stretched aluminum i think does have slightly finer mesh openings, but are far less rigid and less efficient. They do the job, just not as well, and with more potential problems. I used to carry a piece of the HD aluminum crap with me to show people the inferior construction compared to the steelco screens.
If you flatten the arch out on the aluminum HD screens to put it under the shingles, they will bend and sag under the weigh of snow and ice. If you don't get snow where you are, it may not be an issue.
I'm certainly not here to argue about the pros and cons of gutter protection products. I actually come here to get some advice about my septic field problems, saw the subject line and thought I would chime in to make readers aware of what I think is the best product out there to prevent downspouts from getting clogged, based on my experience.
I don't know what link the other writer was talking about, but the company's crappy website is gutterscreen.net. If you do website development, you might give them a cal... lol
JM

It's hard to visualize much difference without any sort of picture.
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:15:14 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

http://tinyurl.com/n3u2kl

I haven't seen that one before.
Foam doesn't last very long when exposed to UV radiation, and my birds would probably tear that stuff to shreads and make nests out of it. lol