What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

Page 2 of 3
On 07/02/2016 04:15 PM, Micky wrote:

You have to go back before 1934 when they started enforcing the Hayes Code (Motion Picture Production Code) when women still had breasts and didn't mind showing them. Check out the 1925 version of Ben Hur or some of Louise Brooks stuff. The It girl, Clara Bow, wasn't bad either.

The nose is only one of the factors. And hers isn't that bad, there are far bigger ones.
--
Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."

Green is good. It's like going in the fields.
On 07/02/2016 03:58 PM, Micky wrote:

I like green, for that reason.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 07/01/2016 11:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The house my parents bought (built in 1969) had avacado fixtures in the kitchen, but white in the bathrooms. I remember seeing colored ones in other people's houses.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Back around 1988 to 1990, I was working as a plumber, and an elderly woman had a pink toilet that was cracked and needed to be replaced. Her tub, sink, and walls were all pink. She refused to let me install a white toilet, and said she would pay top dollar for a pink one. I called all sorts of plumbing and building stores and could not find any pink toilets. A few days later I found a pink toilet sitting on the curb not far away from my house. I asked the homeowner and he was happy to give it to me, and get rid of it.
I brought it home, cleaned it, replaced all the parts in the tank, and the tank to bowl gasket. She was more than happy to pay me about 3 times what a new white toilet would have cost. That was easy money, even though I had wasted many hours on the phone trying to locate a replacment. It was just luck that I found that used pink toilet when I did....
On 7/1/2016 10:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I know that toilet paper isn't the most popular subject to discuss. However, we know by comparing disease rates in civilized countries versus countries with no flush toilets and toilet paper that your health and life depends on good hygene. Much of the reason we are so healthy in the USA is because of running water, washing hands, and of course, toilet paper. But what if we ran out?
Here's some info for you to get ahead of the crowds. You know those wildfires in southen California now? Well, I bet you didn't know that the Clappington Paper Products factory is one of the many business that burned down.
Have you ever noticed that regardless of the brand of toilet paper you purchase, that there are only five or six different types of toilet paper on the market. But there are a lot of brands and a lot of different names.
Have you noticed that there are only a couple different types of packaging for toilet paper?
Well, the secret is out. About 97 1/2 percent of the toilet paper in the US, Canada, and Mexico is manufactured in one facility. That would be the Clappington Factory, in southern CA. You see, the finished product is so light weight, it is easy to transport by truck. Nearly no weight at all. And the factory is so close to the border, they use a lot of illegal immigrant labor. This is an open secret — because INS knows what would happen to the nation if the one TP factory closed.
Well, it did close. The wildfires in southern CA have burned down the one factory which makes 97 1/2 percent of the TP in the US, Mexico, and Canada. It is expected to be 6 to 8 weeks before any other manufacturing facility can make adequate supplies of TP.
Governor Schwarzenegger has enough troubles with the fire, and staying elected. He can't afford to be known as the governor who deprived the nation of toilet paper. So, he's ordered a news blackout of the story. You havn't seen it on the news, right? But the email and internet allow us to know things that aren't on the news.
Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP on the shelves. Wait till the word gets out, you'll see a run on toilet paper like never before. And it's going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till the stores have any more.
If you havn't stocked up, now is the time. And forward this message to everyone in your adress book. You wouldn't want your close friends to be out of something so important. I wouldn't joke about something this serious.
Information courtesy of:
Sergeant K. Jameson, Engine Company Sergeant, San Bernadino Fire Department
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Johnny Carson created a shortage when he joked about it some years ago. People did rush out to buy it since he mentioned it. I think it was in the 70's around the oil shortage era.
Clappington hoax goes back about a dozen years to the last beg fires in CA.
On 7/2/2016 8:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, I heard about Johnny Carson and his mention of TP shortage.
Also goes back to a bored out of his mind Usenet poster named Stormin Mormon. I'm the author.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/02/2016 05:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for the tip! Just got back from Walmart and now have a 6 month supply. I stored the rolls right next to my 20 year supply of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.
On 7/2/2016 10:10 AM, Red wrote:

Please also buy military rifles, red "Make America great" hats, and flexible drinking straws. All scheduled for shortages. And also be sure to get the letter Q, brought to you by the letter Q and the number 4.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/02/2016 09:10 AM, Red wrote:
[snip]

The old light bulbs were deficient in blue light (because blue corresponds to higher temperature). This produces a "dirty yellow" quality to the light. I never considered that a problem until I learned of better lights. "warm white" CFLs are WORSE that way.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 7/1/2016 10:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Sounds so totally racist. All you can get are white. No other colors represented. What ever happened to diversity? Blue toilet paper lives matter!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/1/16 10:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

We don't say "colored" any more-- it's African American.
--
"We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
- Hillary Clinton
On 07/02/2016 10:32 AM, Feckless John wrote:
[snip]

We don't say "woman" any more-- it's vaginal American :-)
On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 11:25:50 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

What difference does the color make? My ass can't see what color it is.
Cindy Hamilton
[snip]

Once I bought some bright orange sheets. The checker thought I wouldn't be able to sleep with such bright sheets. Of course, they're all black in a dark room.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 22:25:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Be glad that today's toilet paper doesn't smell. Remember in the 1980s when one manufacturer scented their toilet paper, and ALL others then followed suit. You would enter the bathroom and smell the toilet paper. To get non-scented paper you had to hunt for and buy some obscure brand.
On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

imacs then iphones too over the rainbow route "she comes in colors everywhere..she's like a rainbow..." (as the commercial went for the imacs)
salmon/urinal cake pink toilet blue sickly yellow sewage green
On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

the colored ones have to use a different drinking fountain now