What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink, yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is white!

Reply to
Paintedcow

The eco nuts decided it was harmful, so they got people to stop buying it, so they stopped making it. Then they told us the eco nuts just made that up, figuring "it must be true". It was not true.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I know where you could get some brown T.P.. Do you want any?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

rbowman

Went the way of colored fixtures. Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet and sink. Styles change so toilet paper changes with it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can attest to that.

Reply to
super70s

I know that toilet paper isn't the most popular subject to discuss. However, we know by comparing disease rates in civilized countries versus countries with no flush toilets and toilet paper that your health and life depends on good hygene. Much of the reason we are so healthy in the USA is because of running water, washing hands, and of course, toilet paper. But what if we ran out?

Here's some info for you to get ahead of the crowds. You know those wildfires in southen California now? Well, I bet you didn't know that the Clappington Paper Products factory is one of the many business that burned down.

Have you ever noticed that regardless of the brand of toilet paper you purchase, that there are only five or six different types of toilet paper on the market. But there are a lot of brands and a lot of different names.

Have you noticed that there are only a couple different types of packaging for toilet paper?

Well, the secret is out. About 97 1/2 percent of the toilet paper in the US, Canada, and Mexico is manufactured in one facility. That would be the Clappington Factory, in southern CA. You see, the finished product is so light weight, it is easy to transport by truck. Nearly no weight at all. And the factory is so close to the border, they use a lot of illegal immigrant labor. This is an open secret ? because INS knows what would happen to the nation if the one TP factory closed.

Well, it did close. The wildfires in southern CA have burned down the one factory which makes

97 1/2 percent of the TP in the US, Mexico, and Canada. It is expected to be 6 to 8 weeks before any other manufacturing facility can make adequate supplies of TP.

Governor Schwarzenegger has enough troubles with the fire, and staying elected. He can't afford to be known as the governor who deprived the nation of toilet paper. So, he's ordered a news blackout of the story. You havn't seen it on the news, right? But the email and internet allow us to know things that aren't on the news.

Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP on the shelves. Wait till the word gets out, you'll see a run on toilet paper like never before. And it's going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till the stores have any more.

If you havn't stocked up, now is the time. And forward this message to everyone in your adress book. You wouldn't want your close friends to be out of something so important. I wouldn't joke about something this serious.

Information courtesy of:

Sergeant K. Jameson, Engine Company Sergeant, San Bernadino Fire Department

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds so totally racist. All you can get are white. No other colors represented. What ever happened to diversity? Blue toilet paper lives matter!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Natural color like brown paper bags? Or is that pre-used TP? Not sure I want to follow that line of thought very far.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll bet it's scented too! [g]

Reply to
RonNNN

Yeah, my house was built in '78. Upstairs was blue, downstairs was yellow. Two years ago we gutted both and did them first class with modern colors, (mostly white) ceramic tile, etc. Took the tub out and made a big shower, lots of ceramic tile.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Johnny Carson created a shortage when he joked about it some years ago. People did rush out to buy it since he mentioned it. I think it was in the 70's around the oil shortage era.

Clappington hoax goes back about a dozen years to the last beg fires in CA.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks for the tip! Just got back from Walmart and now have a 6 month supply. I stored the rolls right next to my 20 year supply of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.

Reply to
Red

I have one of those prefab one-piece jobs, it would look better if I did what you did but there are times when I want to take a bath (as cramped as it is for a full grown man). I remember passing on some homes when I was shopping for mine 10 years ago because it only had a shower stall.

The tiny bathroom is my least favorite feature in my little 3-bedroom home but I live with it. What the builder should have done was put the bathroom in the smallest bedroom instead. I'm sure not in a position to do a major renovation like that.

Reply to
super70s

We don't say "colored" any more-- it's African American.

Reply to
Feckless John

I don't know (or care) about the resale value. It would not appeal to someone that has kids that want to splash in a tub, but would have a lot of appeal to those that only shower. One is 60", the other 48" with high quality everything.

We plan to be here the rest of our lives so I won't care if the house sells for a hundred bucks.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What difference does the color make? My ass can't see what color it is.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Yes, I heard about Johnny Carson and his mention of TP shortage.

Also goes back to a bored out of his mind Usenet poster named Stormin Mormon. I'm the author.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please also buy military rifles, red "Make America great" hats, and flexible drinking straws. All scheduled for shortages. And also be sure to get the letter Q, brought to you by the letter Q and the number 4.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

Paper is naturally gray, so white has chemicals added to it too.

I don't mind colors but I never likes SCENTED toilet paper.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd