what does a [home] Locksmith ask for ?

I've bought a [empty] house, and 2 incompetent agents have somehow lost the keys!
Anyway, when I call the Locksmith, for the front door, will he be asking for any proof of ownership? And if so, what. Maybe he'll just be content to get his $75, or whatever, and be on his way.
[hopefully the mailbox key is somewhere in the house, as well as the garage door opener]
marc

title, or something that looks official.
I've been breaking into houses for twenty some years.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Up to date realty agents install a lock box on the house to hold the house keys, so they don't have to bring all house keys with them when they are showing houses, just the one lock box key which opens all the lock boxes.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yes, but it sounds like the agents lost the key from the lock-box on the way to the closing.
On Friday, January 10, 2014 11:31:22 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Why don't you just call some locksmiths and ask them? If you're for real and have at least the usual documentation that you'd have from a real estate closing, I would think you wouldn't have a problem. And if the locksmith wanted something more, you should be able to get it from whomever handled the closing. If you're a troll, well then it could be different.
What kind of closing is it where you don't get keys, garage door openers, mailbox lock, etc due to incompetent real estate agents? Assuming they are incompetent, I would hold back $1000 from the seller until they either produce the keys or I know what my costs are.
In belched:

I wouldn't be calling a locksmith, I'd be calling the agents and making them pay for it

for the seller, the other for the buyer. The listing agent owes you the keys / pays the locksmith