What do you think of this plan to get rid of bedbugs?

Page 2 of 2
?

Really? Never had a can spring a leak in all my years. Inside a trailer in shipment they would see those temperatures in the summer and should not be bothered.
Fridge was working hard.
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 05:56:13 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"

And putting out heat of its own.

Mandarin oranges must be particularly hard on the can lining. Once it breaks down the can puffs up. Other cans have leaked, slowly, through the seam. Beets, I think, and something else. The best were a couple cans of apple juice--put them outside and with the daily temp cycle they emptied without ever being opened.

As long as it could keep up.
On 29 Dec 2010 06:44:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net (Fake ID) wrote:

That's interesting. I think I keep a lot of canned food four years or more, and I've never had a leak iirc. I don't have any canned oranges though. Corn, spinach, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, soup, beans, peaches, pears, fruit cocktail, pineapple. spaghetti sauce. mushrooms,

Sounds practical, but the missing factor is how the bugs got there in the first place. What is their origin? Were they transported in the family car?
This is some of the benefit one -may- get from a Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy from a licensed and experienced Pest Control Operator (PCO).
I'll go 100 bucks on a re-infestation. -----
- gpsman
I guess it's possible. I have read reports that heat works for killing bedbugs and that some companies use steam cleaners on beds, furniture, etc.
If the house has a sprinkler system I think most of them are set to go off at 135 degrees. So getting the house up to 130 degrees would seem risky if there is a sprinkler system in place.
Also, there is a health inspector "rule of thumb" trick for testing hot water coming out of a faucet. It is to put your fingers under the faucet and turn on the hot water. When the temperature of the water gets hot to the point where you have to pull your fingers out due to the burning, the temp of the water is about 110 degrees. So, if surfaces in the super heated house are above 110 degrees -- especially metal surfaces that conduct heat easily -- it would be pretty easy to get burned by touching them.
mm wrote:

How many houses have sprinkler systems. WIH, would you set the things to 135F?

Utter nonsense. Irrelevant, but nonsense nonetheless.
<snipped stuff that should have already been snipped>

In Pennsylvania, as of January 1, 2011, all newly constructed one-family and two-family dwellings are now required to have sprinkler systems. If you look up residential sprinkler systems online, you'll find that most are set at 135F.

No, not nonsense, and not necessarily irrelevant. I see that you must have missed a few days when they were teaching politeness at charm school.

More stupid laws from busybodies "helping" you.

Pure bullshit. If what you say were true, no one could live in Phoenix, AZ. Calling it "nonsense" was being kind.

Have a cite for that claim? I find it more than a bit dubious.

There is a big difference between "uncomfortable" and "burn". You can sit in a sauna that is heated way over that temp without being burned.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Sure. Here are a few. Looks like California also now has the same requirement as Pennsylvania as of January 1, 2011.
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/business/20101220_Pennsylviania_builders_object_to_law_requiring_sprinklers_in_new_homes.html
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/costs-102672-sprinklers-building.html
http://www.wfmz.com/news/26333793/detail.html
http://www.therecordherald.com/features/x1167184325/Pennsylvanias-new-sprinkler-law-Five-things-you-need-to-know