What do you call this part of the stair?

Please lood at this picture:
http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/stair.jpg
I'm talking about the flat part with curvy sides. I want to replace them and give them a naturatl finish.
So my questions are: 1. What is this part called? 2. Where should I look to purchase them? 3. Are there standard sizes?
Thanks!
Aaron Fude
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1. Tread Bracket 2. http://vintagewoodworks.stores.yahoo.net/treadstairbr.html 3. Yes, but they may not fit.