What do you call a central A/C intake grill?

I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the intake?

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's all about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different kinds of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.

<heh> I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but it did get me thinking.

You can take this seriously or not. When your home is suddenly filled with locusts, don't come crying to me.

Nah...right now I'm more concerned with water. Our chimney is leaking water and I've had the roofing co out twice already.
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:59:41 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Why "filter"?

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.
And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?
In

Yes, they were shown to cause birth defects

Reversible grills, or locusts?

In people, or locusts?

Usually grill = metalwork used in cooking, grille = metal (or other) work used in heating or AC.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs