What deck cleaner and protectant?

I have a year old deck that needs cleaned and protected. Which products, other then Thompsons, which I have heard bad things about, is the best? I can get Cabot's right across the street. Anyone know about this product? Thanks,

Decks can be made from a variety of woods or composite material. If you made mention of what yours was, it would be easier to make a recommendation. The same protectant for pressure treated is not the best for Ipe or cedar.