What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

I'll vote for Doug Miller and aemeijers suggestion -- looks chemical and likely caused by harsh solvent ingredient (like acetone) used to remove deck stain overspray and damage took time to become apparent.

Reply to
Ermalina

Whatever solvent was used to remove the sloppy overspray from the vinyl. Look at the bottom of the picture..there s more overspray there..Who "Sprayed" the vinyl ? They were lazy, should have spent a little time masking it over prior to staining.

Reply to
Rudy

Lift-Off? Which product? 1,2,3,4, or 5?

-- Oren

Oren

Photoshop?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

== Haha! That was my first thought. (But, it might have been the Lift-Off. :)

Reply to
Gini

So you thought this was a farce on first thought? Some gimmick in PhotoShop? Folks here are smarter than that...

-- Oren

Oren

Here a close up picture, so you know I didn't Photoshop it.

Here is a pic of the deck. The damaged area is all the way to the left.

I think I used Lift-Off #5 because the stain was from DEFY epoxy stain which is water based, but don't hold me to that, this was 16 months ago. Infact I used the whole DEFY system, stripper. brightener, then the stain.

Reply to
CraigT

"CraigT" wrote in news:14SdncsJSe2byz7bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

That ugly plastic "siding" looks like hell. It makes your house look like a shanty.

Reply to
FM

- Here a close up picture, so you know I didn't Photoshop it.

-

-

Relax...I was kidding.

By the way, if I paste your links into a new browser window, they work fine. If I click on them in your posts, I get that weird "picture of text" msg that I mentioned earlier. Even weirder, if I refresh the window with the "error message",your melted siding shows up. Never seen that before.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You're ISPs proxy server is goofing up.

Reply to
Noozer

More like Google is goofing up.

Reply to
Meat Plow

- You're ISPs proxy server is goofing up.

For just the links in this thread? Possible, but doubtful. All other links in other posts and other newsgroups work fine. Besides, the error message is not the type you would typically get from a server.

It's a gif with the title IMG_662x.gif with the x matching the last digit of the images that the OP is using in his posts. The URL in the properties box of the gif matches the URL of the link in the thread.

Here's a copy of what I get:

DerbyDad03

---- You're ISPs proxy server is goofing up.

-- More like Google is goofing up.

What does Google have to do with this?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The front looks better, half brick, half vinyl.

CraigT

How are you reading the groups? Google page or a news client?

That looks like the server hosting the pictures does not like the page you are coming from.

Reply to
Noozer

Brick veneer on a vinyl house = lipstick on a pig.

Reply to
Doug Miller

- How are you reading the groups? Google page or a news client?

- How are you reading the groups? Google page or a news client?

Google page in IE7, and like I've said...it's only the links in this thread that are giving me a problem, and it's only when I click on them in the thread. *Most* of the time, refreshing the page, pasting the link into a different browser window or even using Ctrl-n in the page with the error will produce the pictures that the OP posted.

I'll try them from work in the morning...totally different ISP and network path since it's on a secure corporate network. Stay tuned.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"CraigT" wrote ..................

== Nice. Love that front window--You must have a great foyer!

Reply to
Gini

Well problem #1 is that you're using Google to read groups.

The server that is hosting the pictures won't allow links from Google. Google is the referrer that you see in the error message. When you copy the link to a new browser then you aren't being "referred" to the page by Google and it works.

Reply to
Noozer

If the builder is still working in the subdivision, look for the siding guys. Offer them a few bucks to repair it after work as a small side job, and ask them if they have any of that siding around. You may get the right color and have it done without having to call someone out.

Reply to
celticsoc