What compressor to buy.

Hi,
I'm overwhelmed by the choices of compressors, and looking for advice on which one to get.
I need to do several things around the house, which could all be done in one day, but due to several reasons I need to stretch it out over several days so renting would not be economical.
All are brad-related jobs. What I need to do is 1. Install quarter rounds 2. Install stair bracket. 3. Install window and door trim
I do not mind if the compressor turns on too often, but I would like to be able to do 10 nails without it turning on. So two questions:
1. How big a tank should I get to meet the 10 nails for charge requirement? (What if I knocked it down to 6?) 2. I'm not able to find an oil-lube vs oil-less. How much more difficult is it to maintain an oil-lube and what is meant by "maintenance"?
Thank you very much in advance!
Aaron Fude
if you are just doing a small job around the house, buy cheap, something from harbor freight for a hundred busks will last you for years. a small pancake one. using this type everyday on the job, it will only last about a year, i have gone through about 3 good ones in 30 years, they cost about $300 each so i get about ten years out of them, i bought two cheap ones and i got one year each from them.

My observations from owning about ten air compressors over the years now.................
Don't buy oilless. They are obnoxiously loud.
Buy more compressor than you need so you will be able to do jobs you can't even comprehend now.
You don't need a pallet mounted free standing Mongo twenty horse two stage compressor, but a brand name with a large tank, twin cylinders, and oil filled crank case should cover you for lots of things. Or, you can buy cheap substandard undersized compressors, and by the time you end up, you coulda had an Ingersoll Rand, or some other quality compressor.
In compressors, you get what you pay for. Cheap ones DO NOT last.
Steve
Well, at least you have two points to work from:
Buy cheap. Don't buy cheap.
You can probably take it from there :-)
-- Ken