What color hose is for what?

I was looking at all the hoses they are selling now for Spring. The problem I found is that none of them say what they are for. Most seem to be green, so my guess is those are for watering green stuff like the lawn. But they had yellow, blue, white with a green stripe, and black ones. What are those colors made to be used for? I would like to get one to wash my car, but which color is made for cars? I have a re car, and they dont even have red hoses. Of course I know the hose is not supposed to match the car color, it's supposed to be a hose made for car washing. You'd think they would have a chart telling what color is made for what use.
On Feb 12, 7:54�am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

color doesnt matter, green blends in with lawn, for those like me who leave it out. brite colors help avoid hitting with mower.
color doesnt matter
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Well, color does matter for some applications, and the white ones are normally potable (drinking) water rated and used with RVs.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
SNIP HAPPENS
The scary thing is that it actually takes a few seconds to set up a hotmail throw away account like the OP did.
Its sad that having set up the account, the OP couldn't come up with a better troll.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:39:38 -0800, jJim McLaughlin

I could tell him what to do with a flesh tone color hose!
Oren --
on 2/12/2008 7:54 AM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following:

Don't use the green one for washing cars. I tried and it didn't work. The green one is for grass. The yellow one is for flowers, and the blue one is for filling pools. The black one is for washing asphalt driveways, and the white one with a green stripe is for washing white houses with green trim. Your store didn't have a complete range of hose colors. There is a red colored one for red cars.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The pink ones are for flowers, you pansie.....
another item thats went colors, is tool boxes.
the plain grey ones were practical.
the colored ones get stains so you buy new ones. wheres grey you wouldnt notice