What channels did you lose?

Page 2 of 2
Jim Yanik wrote: ...

... How far from transmission towers???
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:15:39 -0700 (PDT), mike

I lost ALL of them. I used to listen to TV on my portable radio. So now what am I supposed to do, get a converter box for my Sony portable radio? Even the FM TV is gone! No more Judge Judy/Judge Joe Brown. LOL

I frequently lose Channel 13 in the Pearland, Texas area and have to rescan.
Not sure if it is a converter issue or the station itself. I found that an old Radio Shack outdoor antenna picks up all channels great.
Andy

I actually *gained* MHz and Ion after the official switch over. Didn't lose any that I could previously receive.
nate

I lost none and gained at least 15. Im 12-15 miles from stations with a room antenna, look into a good outside antenna. Several sites have an antenna program that will tell you what you need by your zip code. Many stations are split into 3-4 channels, you should get more than you had before.

Never had a converter box. Have an econo WalMart 27". Been watching DTV for some time. Few new ones came in after 6/12. Not quite sure why but even many of the the stations that came in, on digital, did not come in until I rescanned. Ater 6/12 a couple of network stations posted they would be transmitting at a reduced power for a bit. Didn't catch how long or why.
Pre & post switch, I've found DTV to be weather (I assume) sensitive. I don't mean bad weather either.
Red Green wrote: ...

Ayup...found it's worthless if there's any significant weather between transmitter and antenna which makes the severe weather broadcasting pretty much a lost effort for most of the areas that need it...
On 6/15/2009 9:15 AM mike spake thus:

Ch. 7 (ABC) in the S. F. Bay Area. Anyone else here know what happened to them? Their website says they switched from VHF to UHF, but haven't been able to pick them up even after several rescans.

Have a set in my shop and one in the kitchen that are both on rabbit ear type antenna. Both had trouble getting a good analog signal without a lot of snow and spotty reception on digital. Had to rescan after the conversion and now pickup a couple of additional digital channels with all of the digital channels comming very clear without signal loss now. If I lost any channels, they weren't ones that I wanted to see anyway.
On Mon 15 Jun 2009 09:15:39a, mike told us...

We're on cable, so there was no interuption or channel loss. However, some of our neighbors not on cable have had serious problems. In our area both distance and mountains would be major factors.
--
Wayne Boatwright