What can ice blockage in plumbing supply lines damage?

Hi, We recently bought a HUD house and the inspection done by HUD was ok, they said the pipes help pressure when air tested but that ice blockage in the line prevented it from being inaccurate. Do you think we are in a world or problems with this house? Thanks

________________ 'plumbing services sydney'

danis11

What did they do to help? Preventing it being inaccurate. So, it was spot on? What does HUD stand for, in Sydney? Not Housing Urban Development? Do you have a pet kangaroo?

.

Hi, We recently bought a HUD house and the inspection done by HUD was ok, they said the pipes help pressure when air tested but that ice blockage in the line prevented it from being inaccurate. Do you think we are in a world or problems with this house? Thanks

________________ 'plumbing services sydney'

Stormin Mormon

Not to make fun of his English but I had a little difficulty understanding his post. Perhaps English isn't his fluent language or he didn't have his first cup of coffee yet ???

Reply to
Doug

I suspect he was writing Australian. I find it irritating, forms ask me what language I speak. Northeast USA American, of course. I've never spoken English.

.

Not to make fun of his English but I had a little difficulty understanding his post. Perhaps English isn't his fluent language or he didn't have his first cup of coffee yet ???

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think it depends on the particular house -- how it is designed, one story or more than one story, does it have anaccessible basement or crawl space or is it built on a slab, does it have hot water radiator heat, etc.

Assuming that by HUD house you mean Housing and Urban Development (in the United States), when was the test done? I don't know anywhere in the U.S. where the pipes would be frozen at this time of year (maybe Alaska?).

My overall point is that if there is ice in the pipes at the time of the test, it means that the lines weren't drained prior to the house being exposed to sub-freezing temperatures. So, assuming that the pipes did freeze, you would have to figure out how big of a deal that would be in this particular house if it has frozen pipes. In some house, most of the pipes are easily accessible and you can either see the damaged and cracked pipes and fittings and/or you know you could easily fix any cracked pipes or fittings that you may find after you own the home and after everything thaws out.

Reply to
TomR

True.

Reply to