What can I use to pump out my gas tank

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:35:25 -0700, "chaniarts"

you get the outlet hose lower than the tank.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 29, 10:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well..to be pedantic. That would not be a siphon, only a gravity drain.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:33:25 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

syphon.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 30, 4:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yep, my bad
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:35:25 -0700, "chaniarts"

This part of the problem i have solved. All I have to do is jump the orange (Batt) and gray (Pump) wires at the relay and the pump will run continuously.
Thanks for all the advice
Tj
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@sumplace.com wrote:

Park on a side hill so all the gas and water goes to the corner of the tank. Siphon it out with a rubber tube. Then put in gas drier, dry gas or alcohol with new gas. Investigate where the water came from. That's too much water from natural causes.
--
LSMFT

✖

Just one more reminder of something that has been mentioned several times. You cannot siphon from a vehicle built at least in the past 20 years (I would guess more like 30) without destroying the antisiphon plate first.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:36:14 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Add pictures here
✖
I had one of these for years.
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mic14
Loved it. Self priming parastaltic pump with weighted nozzle just for pumping out gas tanks. I loved mine and plan to buy another. Slow and labor intensive, but VERY positive, as in positive displacement. Highly recommended.
nb
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 29, 4:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@sumplace.com wrote:

Since you are familiar with removing the fuel pump I would think you are capable of hot wiring it so it will pump the fuel out.
Jimie
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@sumplace.com wrote:

If you can get a siphon hose into it, you can siphon most out. Applying air pressure (air hose, Vacume outlet?) to the filler hole as you siphon will help to start/restart/speed the siphon if you need it, but only use low pressure - you don't want to pop the tank.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 02:45:15 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@sumplace.com wrote:

A siphon hose will do it. A squeeze bulb in the hose will make sucking on the hose unneceessary, and remove the risk of inhaling the gas (very very bad).
The bulb might have a built-in valve, but if it doesn't, you can use your thumb over the end of the hose when releasing the bulb, to suck up the gas.
I've been carrying one in my trunk that I paid a dollar for 25 years ago. I havent' had a use for it so far. But it might not be possible to find one so cheap.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 29, 12:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My 54 Buick had one, a 55 ford pickup has one.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:28:23 -0700 (PDT), ransley

correct.
Add pictures here
✖