What are these plumbing things called?

Day trips on ships with gambling, off the coast of Florida requires 12 miles before they the turn on the slot machines.

Reply to
Oren

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2503227/posts Looks like about 200mi due South of Dauphin Island, AL.

Reply to
krw

Ooops. I shouldn't have dropped out of high school half way through geometry. :(

Reply to
mm

Apollo launch and mission sure was an adventure of adapt, overcome, and so on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not necessarily.

After 9-11, the FAA and other government agencies said "We need a plan in case another hijacking like this occurs."

After due deliberation by all the stake holders, you won't believe what they came up with.

They concluded that the best plan was no plan at all, that the experts on the scene and in control could devise an ad hoc response far better than any pre-programmed response.

You may remember the movie about the attack. At some point, after at least two buildings were hit, the head of the FAA asked: "How many aircraft aloft over CONUS?"

"About forty-eight hundred," came the response.

"Okay. This shit stops right now. I want ATC-Zero nationwide."

"That's never been done! You can't do that!"

"I just did. Make it happen. Everything in the air is to land at the nearest airport."

Reply to
HeyBub

The Contingency Plans, at work years ago had a Disclaimer:

(paraphrasing)

"These plans are not expected to cover every situation that might arise. Common sense must be used."

Example: As a guest tenant agency on an military base plans, were given to the military for review and comment, then approved so they could go to Washington, D.C.

On September 11, 2001, the base went to DEFCON 3. Certainly not part of our CP.

We had plans for say, 12 hour shifts. But never "pack a suitcase for three days".

Reply to
Oren