what are no-wax floors?

OK -- I know it's a stupid question, but I need help!
I've got plank hardwood floors that have gotten pretty dull. I'm sure they're due for refinishing, but in the meantime, I'm looking for a product to make them shine a bit.
Some of the products I've seen say "for use on no-wax floors." but, I have no idea whether that applies to my floors. What are no-wax floors, and how can you tell?
Thanks.

Years ago linoleum needed to be waxed for both protection and appearance. Newer flooring has a clear coating from the factory that will shine for years, thus the term "no wax" floor.
Your plank flooring, if it had a factory finish, may have a coating that just needs some rejuvenation with cleaners or a polish made just for them. Before you get into refinishing, try some of the floor care and general purpose cleaners in an inconspicuous spot.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

If you have ever waxed your floors, don't put this stuff on it. It is for poly finishes and factory finishes only. It will shine up those floors nice.
Does anyone know if these products make the floors as slippery as wax does? I nearly killed myseld as a kid after mom waxed and buffed the floors. I had to remove my socks to walk around or risk certain doom.

There is a newsgroup specific to woodworking. I think they could be of more help. However, from the little I know about wood finishes, I do know there are finishes that can be applied over an existing wood finish and will make them look good again. If I recall, the name Deft comes to mind. Sanding the whole floor and refinishing is your best bet, but I know thats a lot of work and expense if you have to rent a floor sander. If you dont mind seeing a few of the imperfections, I'd just use one of these re-finishing materials. DO NOT use wax. If you do, you will never be able to use a wood coating without sanding the whole floor. Wax can not be painted or varnished.
Mark